Friday, May 11, 2012

{Thinking of My Mom}

hmd-2

 
     Mother's Day always brings mixed emotions for me each year it rolls around. Before I had my children it was literally a day of mourning. You see my Mom passed away at the age of 48 in the year 2000. I was only 24.  After my first son was born in 2007 Mother's Day became something very different, a day of joy, love, and gratitude for the blessings of Motherhood, and our beautiful boys. This year I will celebrate and give my boys extra hugs and kisses from a Grandmother who would have loved them unconditionally. I'm sorry for such a serious post, but it feels good to talk about it, and I am sure there are many of you that feel the same way I do on Mother's Day.

   To create my card I used one of my all time favorite sets from Stampin Up "Wild Rose". This was one of the first sets I bought, and I know I will never let it go. I stamped the roses in two shades of  Studio G pigment ink. These ink cubes are cheap, and they stamp beautifully! The leaves were stamped in Grass, and Fern pigment ink from A Muse Studio. The pink damask patterned paper is from A Muse Studio, and the pink gingham paper is from My Minds Eye. Today I am playing along with the Moxie Fab World Card Creations Week: Gingham Challenge. I love gingham and use it as often as I can! Speaking of Card Creations I HIGHLY recommend picking up a copy of this issue from Paper Crafts Magazine. I am thrilled to say that I have 5 cards in this issue! I still can't believe it. Tomorrow I will be posting a picture of one of my cards featured in the issue!  I am also playing along with this weeks Case Study Challenge.

                                                  Thank you for visiting my blog and have a GREAT weekend!

                                                                                  

10 comments:

jimlynn said...

Beautiful! Love the lacy bow too.
Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day.
Lynn

Elena said...

extra hugs for you, Veronica... your mom is surely looking down and loving this card. Happy Mother's day to you!

Teresa Zuehls said...

What a beautiful soft card! Love the pink gingham and the lace bow. TFS

Teneale Williams said...

This is simply beautiful, it feels so sweet with the rose and fabulous bow. Your mom work love this card. Thanks for playing at CASE Study.

Anita Recksiedler said...

Hi Veronica, this card is sooo pretty! :> I am so sorry you lost your mom at such a young age for both of you. Sending you hugs. Thanks for the tip on the Studio G little inks, I always see them and wonder how good they are! :>

Michelle W. said...

Beautiful and delicate!

cbuswell said...

This is just so pretty! thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

Mirta Sanchez said...

No apologies necessary! I can't imagine my life without my mom so I am sorry you lost yours so soon! I'm sure she is loving this card from her resting place! Very pretty!

Cath said...

Hey Veronica! Thanks for linking this up to the Gingham Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

...and I totally understand how you feel. I lost my dad when I was only 29 and I still miss him terribly, but on Father's Day, especially. Hugs to you, my friend. :)

Suzanne Russell said...

Gorgeous card! Love the shades of pink and mixture of patterns. So glad you have found joy in Mother's Day again. Our children really do change our lives forever, don't they?